COVID-19 Action Plans And Protocols
In A Pickle Restaurant and Playmakers COVID-19/Coronavirus Action Plans
At In A Pickle Restaurant and Playmakers Restaurant we’ve always taken sanitation very seriously. With the outbreak of COVID-19 we are taking extra precautions to keep our customers and staff safe! We want you to feel safe when you dine with us and we want our employees to feel safe in the place that they work. With consultation from the State of Massachusetts, Waltham Board of Health, and The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention we’ve implemented this list below of measures to supplement our already stringent sanitation protocols.
- All tables have been placed at least 6 feet apart or have a non-porous barrier 6 feet high between them.
- Our outside tents will be open on 2 sides (50%) to allow for proper airflow
- We will not allow more than 6 people at a single table
- We will not allow forward facing at the bar top
- We will not allow any drinking or eating by customers while standing (All customers need to be wearing a face covering until they are seated at a table)
- Staff have an ‘in door’ and a ‘out door’ to prevent constant passing by each other
- Staff from the Front of the House (servers, hosts, bussers) will use a different stair case than the Back of the House (Dishwashers, Kitchen)
- Outdoor seated customers should walk on the outside of the building (Creasant St Side) to the bathroom (remembering to wear a face covering). Please do not enter the building for the bathroom if you are seated outside.
- Only one person allowed in the bathroom at a time unless you are accompanying a small child who needs assistance.
- All employees are wearing face masks at all times covering both mouth and nose.
- Employees must wash their hands in between each table interaction or every 30 minutes.
- All condiments outside will be single use. We will be throwing away all condiments that are unused. Please request an appropriate amount as not to create waste.
- All condiments inside will be placed in a special marked container that will be indicated that they need to be sanitized before next use.
- No condiments will be on the table prior to a guest seating
- Silverware will be sanitized and rolled in their own paper napkin
- Single use menus will be used. Each menu is thrown away after individual use.
- Each table, chair and barrier will be sanitized after each use
- All straws will be given to customers wrapped
- Hand washing instructions have been placed in all restaurant restrooms
- Extra sanitation supplies have been ordered from our supplier
- Hand sanitation stations have been installed at both front doorways
- Hand sanitation bottles have been placed at all computer terminals
- If a customer wishes to use pre-packaged ‘to go’ plastic ware we will provide that for their convenience and peace of mind.
- If a customer wishes to have disposable cups we will provide that for their convenience and peace of mind.
- Heavy volume days we will have a designated person sanitizing/bussing the restaurant and heavy touch areas
- We will have a call ahead waitlist that you can use prior to coming to the restaurant 781-891-1212
- Customers are not to wait inside. We will call you by phone when your table is ready.
- No hand held pagers will be allowed
- Each employee is to self-symptom check at home prior to coming to work. They must inform their manager if they are sick or have been in contact with someone who is sick.
- Managers will screen each employee each day ensuring the following: Worker is not experiencing any symptoms such as a fever (100.3) and above (checked with laser thermometer), cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of taste, body aches and headaches.
- Worker has not had close contact with an individual with COVID-19
- Worker has not been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by their doctor or local public health official.
- Workers who are sick or feeling ill must be sent home.
- Anyone showing signs of illness may be denied entry
- If we are notified of a positive case at the workplace, we will notify the local board of health and assist the LBOH as reasonably requested to advise likely contacts to isolate and self-quarantine. Testing or other workers may be recommended consistent with guidance and/ or at the request of LBOH.
- All staff with less than 3 months employment with us will be eligible for paid sick time off for time earned.
- All staff are counseled before working on ‘best practices’ of disease prevention according to the CDC.
- All staff are to report to their supervisor immediately of anyone in their household that have symptoms similar to people who have COVID-19 specifically fever, cough and shortness of breath
- All staff are to report to their supervisor immediately of anyone they have been in contact with who are self-quarantined, mandated quarantined or who have a confirmed case of COVID-19 .
These measures are all out of extreme caution, and our hope is that it will help prevent the spread of this disease. Please be assured we are doing everything possible to keep our customers and staff safe! If, in the event we have a customer or employee who dines with us, who is suspected of contracting COVID-19, we have retained a specialized cleaner who will sanitize our restaurant before us re-opening to the public. If you have any questions please feel free to comment below or DM us and we will respond in a timely fashion.